Books and Curriculum
- Merchandise may be returned within 90 days of purchase as long as it is in new, unmarked, re-sellable condition. E-books, however, are non-returnable, non-refundable.
- To return materials, please give our service department a call at 1-800-922-5082 or send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to get a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. This number will go on the outside of the return package as well as on the invoice inside the package.
- Please pack returned merchandise so that there is no movement during shipping and products return to us in the same condition you received them. Damaged and used items will only receive a 70% refund. (Note: If shipping items back using USPS, we recommend insuring the package.) Consumed items are not returnable and will not receive a refund.
- Credit card refunds will be returned to the card used on the original purchase once the return package has been received by Veritas. If the refund is rejected after an initial attempt, we will issue a refund check.
- Refunds take 10-15 business days from the date received (or up to 30 days in the summer months).
- If original order was damaged, defective, or incorrectly shipped from Veritas, please contact us within 90 days at email@example.com detailing the issue so that we may best assist you in correcting the error.
- Refunds for Self-Paced courses are only available within 90 days of the date of purchase.
- Available on phone or online orders placed between January 1 and July 31.
- Requires a $95 deposit for each course at the time of registration, to hold the seat.
- Payments are charged monthly, on the first of each month, using the credit card on file.
- The remaining balance is paid over nine months beginning April 1 and ending December 1. Credit cards will be charged in equal installments on the first of every month until the balance is paid in full.
- For registrations on or after April 1, balances after paying the deposit will be paid on the first day of the remaining months in the amount of 1/n times the outstanding balance with n being the number of months through and including December. 5 ©2018 by Veritas Scholars Academy, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- If a course is added or dropped during the period of the payment plan, the per-month payment will adjust accordingly to the formula 1/n times the outstanding balance.
- Any credit on an account will be applied to the account's balance before the upcoming month's payment plan charge is determined.
- Attempts to charge credit card will be made beginning on the first of the month, then two business days later, and then two business days after that, until the charge is accepted. In the event that three attempts at charging credit card are unsuccessful, student(s) will be removed from all online courses until the monthly balance owed is paid in full, including a $25 service charge to reinstate student(s).
- Applicable discounts from the Rewards Club will be applied to the final payment of payment plan.
- A nonrefundable deposit of $95 is due at the time of registration. The course deposit holds a spot in the registered class and covers administrative costs associated with the registration process
Live Online Courses
- Students withdrawing prior to the start of term may receive a full refund, less deposits to the original payment method (usually $95).
- Students withdrawing within the first two weeks of class (within the first week for summer classes) are entitled to a full tuition course credit (not including deposit).
- A 50% tuition course credit is available for students who withdraw after the first two weeks and before December 1st or the first workday thereafter. Late enrollees are also entitled to a full tuition course credit (not including deposit) during the first two weeks of enrollment.
- No refunds are available for late enrollments if a withdrawal occurs after the first two weeks.
- All tuition course credits can be applied to current or future course enrollments and must be used on or before the first day of the next school year. No cash refunds will be provided.
Parents are expected to take primary responsibility for the Student’s education and to:
- Ensure each course is used by an individual Student.
- Ensure Student is the appropriate age for the course.
- Ensure that if more than one Student is enrolled in the same course, each Student must have his own computer, headset, and microphone.
- Ensure Student will have sufficient mastery of English writing skills including grammar, vocabulary, and expression commensurate with the level of the course.
- Ensure Student has a reasonable ability to type on a computer keyboard.
- Supervise Student’s academic work to ensure that assignments are completed in required formats and by due dates.
- Monitor Student’s learning assessments (tests, exams, etc.), as applicable, to ensure academic integrity.
- Procure all required equipment, books and materials, in the version stipulated by Veritas, needed for each registered course.
- Ensure that Internet and Learning Management System access, computer, headset with microphone, and any additional technology or peripherals needed for Parents and Student are working properly.
- Ensure Student makes every reasonable effort to be present for class.
- Stay current with teacher messages in the Learning Management System.
- Pay all tuition and fees in a timely manner as outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook.
Handbooks and Syllabi.
Parents agree to policies in the Parent/Student Handbook, the Technology Handbook, and the Syllabus for each course in which their student is enrolled.
Waitlists help us determine when there is demand for more sections of a course at a particular meeting time. When demand is sufficient, we will open new sections to meet the needs of waitlisted students. Therefore, the same deposit to register for a secured seat is required to go on the waitlist. Waitlist deposits are non-refundable unless
- We are unable to offer a seat in the waitlist section and do not offer another section of the course on the same day and times by two weeks after the start of school or, in the case of a summer class, two weeks prior to the start of the summer term.
- The student takes a different section of the same class from us during the same year.
- If a student pays the deposit to be on a waitlist for a class (e.g., Section A) and then pays the deposit for an open seat in a different section of the same class (e.g., Section B), and then the waitlisted class (Section A) has an opening, the deposit paid for the second registration (Section B) will be transferable to the registration balance of the waitlisted class (Section A). One deposit may be transferred into a waitlisted section, as outlined above. However, if a third registration (Section C) is also made, that deposit is not transferable.
- If a student pays a waitlist deposit and does not register for a different section of that class, and then decides he wants to remove himself from the waitlist and take a different class, the waitlist deposit fee is transferable to the different class.
- Cancellations or Changes to Classes. Class offerings and teachers are subject to change without notice. When cancellations or changes are made by VSA, registered students may elect to be transferred to a different section if seats are available and will not be charged a transfer fee. Upon withdrawal from the course within ten days of the cancellation or change notification, any deposit and paid tuition may be refunded, or course credit provided, at the customer’s discretion.
- Live Course Drop/Refund Policy for Complete Packages. Deposits are refundable only before a seat has been taken in their preferred course. If their desired section is available and registered under their student's account, the deposit is no longer refundable.
- Drop course tuition refund/course credit policy. Live course tuition (less $95 deposit) is applied as a course credit per policy if dropped after the course begins. Book kits must be returned in full to receive a refund for the book portion of the complete package. Individual returned books will not be refunded.
Arbitration. Any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to your use of our website, your registration in any classes or clubs, your use of our product(s), or any act or omission for which you may contend that we are liable, including but not limited to any claim or controversy as to arbitrability (dispute), shall be finally and exclusively settled by binding arbitration. Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any state or federal court having jurisdiction in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award damages in connection with any dispute in excess of the actual compensatory damages and shall not multiply actual damages or award consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, and each party irrevocably waives any claim thereto. Neither you nor we shall be entitled to join or consolidate claims in arbitration by or against other consumers or arbitrate any claim as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity. You voluntarily and knowingly waive any right they have to a jury trial. These terms provide that all disputes between you and us will be resolved by binding arbitration. You thus give up your rights to go to court to assert or defend your rights. You also give up your rights to participate in or bring class actions. Your rights will be determined by neutral arbitrator(s), not a judge or jury.