By popular request, we're bringing back fall pumpkin carving with Veritas! Show your school spirit with these Veritas pumpkin-carving templates: just follow the instructions here to make your very own Veritas Griffin Pumpkin.
Don't forget to take a picture of your completed pumpkin and share it with us on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook and tag #veritaspumpkin2020 (you can also use the #veritaspress tag if you want)!
- Veritas carving template of choice (see HERE)
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin
- X-acto Knife (for getting started)
- Serrated knife
- Large serving spoon
- Newspaper (for easy clean up)
- Lay out newspaper on workspace.
- Use the serrated knife to cut off the lid of the pumpkin. Use the spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp. OR try something different, cut a small hole at the base of the pumpkin (big enough for a candle to fit through), let seeds and pulp fall out, then simply place the pumpkin over a candle when ready.
- Tape the pattern to the pumpkin face and transfer the design by poking holes through the edges of the pattern with the X-acto Knife.
- Remove the pattern.
- Using the X-acto and serrated knives, carve out the design.
- Put a candle (real or battery-powered) inside the pumpkin and light or turn on.
- Take a picture and post it to Instagram or Facebook and use #veritaspumpkin2020.