A Rhetoric of Love Teacher's Edition (eBook) is a companion text. It gives guidance and suggestions on how to teach the student text. Its notes, plans, and assessments inform and advise.
The teacher edition should be viewed as a teaching companion, though, not a cookbook. It's not a collection of recipes that need nothing more than water and a whisk. Instead, you'll need to give yourself, too. You'll need to invest attention, preparation, and reflection.
Some who teach rhetoric have studied the subject before. Many haven't. This teacher edition assumes no prior knowledge of the subject. It does assume, though, that the teacher will read the student text long before the student does.
This volume aims to connect the modern teacher to an ancient topic. It aims to do with with the least frustration, too. To achieve that goal, its lesson and helps follow a basic design.
- Each lesson in this volume pairs with the same-numbered chapter in the student text.
- Each lesson represents a week's worth of instruction. Further, each lesson's instruction is divided into five sessions.
- Each lesson shows when content should be completed: before, during, or after a session.
- Most lessons follow the same pattern.
- Linked articles, videos, and other media appear throughout the teacher edition.
- Appendix C provides a midterm exam and final.
We enjoyed putting this teacher edition together for you. We hope you'll find it useful, find ways to build upon it and adapt it to your students' needs, but most important is that it helps you equip students to speak, write and live a rhetoric of love.
"a Rhetoric of Love is must reading for those who want to do more than win an argument." - Michael Horton
"This is a curriculum suffused in the historical awareness, academic substantiveness, and poetic graciousness of a master teacher." -George Grant